MAH 1.59% 32.0¢ macmahon holdings limited

got up and 4.30am and spent hours analysing dozens of shares on...

1. DSD
    15,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    got up and 4.30am and spent hours analysing dozens of shares on my watchlist. I knew from 2008 days that speccies are hammered most in a downturn and small caps usually (but not always) are next. Also anticipated that margin-calls would be flowing across thousands of computers and that brokers/cfd providers are ruthless re margin-calls these days after bad experience 18 months ago where they are still battling to get cash from some clients. In the end i narrowed list down to just 5 shares. Right at the top was ASZ.
    I am rock solid re ASZ as vast majority of earnings are from long term mainly Govt contracts. These extend on avearage for about 4 years and if the Aussie govt defaults ... well we are all history. The same principle applies with MAH.Looong contracts with blue-chip clients or civil work for various state govts.
    Choices 2,3 and 5 haven't triggered but was very close indeed on 2 of these. sigh. However, my #4 choice did go through which was MAH at 61.5c.
    Can MAH fall further? It got massacred in late 2008 when commodity prices collapsed... and that remains a risk. But MAH was badly run then with far too many staff and poorly constructed contract terms. I could (and will) write paragraphs in a later post why i am bullish. My reckoning is this stk is good buying at below 63c.
    But like everyone else am substantially down on my portfolio again today. My short positions have been a huge cushion though.
    Have any other readers bought MAH today?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.