XJO 0.00% 8,071.4 s&p/asx 200

buy buy buy - everyone makes money, page-9

1. 2,776 Posts.
    Caylus,

Ok, my 2 cents fwiw.

You come across as an intelligent chap with an ability to made very good trade decisions if your strike rate is 80%.

IM0, you need to define a profit taking strategy that takes profit on all profitable trades and then FORGET about the rest of the trade once you have covered. If it runs longer so be it. If that happens often, then revise to target more profit.

A. Elder has a theory that works well for me. Open multiple position - if it goes your way take 1/3 off to cover brokerage or portion of. Determine where to exit another 1/3 and let a remaining 1/3 ride to your extimated target with a profit stop or BE (up to you). This way you are constantly taking money off the table as it becomes available to you. You can tweak this idea to best suit your risk/reward. If i get 50-75% of a move i am happy - remember to pat back.

Work out what you want to make per year (realistically) then break it back down to a per day/week profit goal. Stop when in front (daily) and rest, review & enjoy.

Forget about being 'right' and dont worry about being 'wrong'. With 80% winners, or there abouts, and taking profits, you will come out in front over time.

I dont listen, watch or read any news for market. I skip over posts here too that are fundamentally orientated. It confuses me because its not measureable nor is it consistant imo. Not everyones cup of tea though.

I think its over cooked too but have thought that for sometime and oddly enough have probably done better trading up than down. That does get a bit strange though...lol

Hey good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.