OPY 0.00% 19.5¢ openpay group ltd

Buy, hold, or sell?, page-48

1. 3,744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    Another solid day with good volume and support. Actually, it's at higher volume than yesterday. If we can break through the resistance level at $3.30, then next stop is $4 again, then further. I wrote a few days ago that BNPL would get over this PayPal "headcold"
    The most noticeable sign is that OPY has reentered the upchannel trend it had back in May to August period. I loaded up sub $3 and I'm glad I did. However, there were a couple of days I was going to offload a little to reduce risk but I asked myself if anything with the company had really changed...and the answer was clearly NO. It's still in a very good sector with promising returns on equity.

But this brings me to another point. Let's hold off on personal attacks on people who have had other ideas and sold or sold down. It happens to the best of us.
    I once held a stock from 2006 to 2010 which was up and down. It too was into e-payments, but in Asia and I made some and lost some. Then it went nowhere - sideways for 3 years!!!
    I got fed up waiting and sold it. 2 hours later, it doubled in price after an announcement that a takeover offer had come through.
    I was at work that day and came close to throwing my PC out the window. The moral is, we change day to day more than the fundamentals of the stocks we own.
    2 years later, I made almost 200% profit on a small mining stock I owned that everyone told me was a "dud dog." They sure ate their words. The lesson I learned with the previous stock profited me on a later one: patience.
    I believe OPY is a patience story in the making. We will remember these days.
    Last edited by mrspeculator: 08/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.