AGM 0.00% $1.60 australian governance & ethical index fund

buy in gloom sell in boom

1. 14,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    AGM has been a classic for the simplest yet often forgotten rule in stock trading. BUY IN GLOOM, SELL IN BOOM.
    The BOOM was nickel at $50K a tonne and the most bullish forecasts by posters here eg dwecke, capman, ghosta.
    It was a no brainer and don't say I didn't tell you.
    And, the GLOOM appeared when nickel got crunched as expected, and the DOW got a shake up and the panic set in. That my dear friends was the GLOOM. That was the signal to BUY. When most had had enough and there was blood on the floor, that was the BIG BUY SIGNAL.
    A very simple lesson on trading effectively. I hope some of you profited from this classic situation that continues to happen in equity markets. History repeats, always.
    For those that are not too intelligent or have a bad memory, write these words on a piece of paper in big bold letters and stick it on the fridge and also on the desk next to your computer.

BUY IN GLOOM AND SELL IN BOOM.

Stick with that and you will make as much money as you will ever need. I know it's hard to do mentally because our natural instincts are at odds with the theory but you must be disciplined.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.