PC1 0.00% 0.0¢ plus connect limited

buy low sell high

1. 206 Posts.
    The 1/2 yearly report on ACU said Pentrys data complete and to be released in April. No-one gave it a second look. It definitely was not a marketing exercise and it contained some other interesting updates on Avantogens 3 main projects.

I think Opara is happy to be increasing his stake in this company at these prices.
    After all, he did pay through the nose to gain effective control of the of ACU in
    Feb, March 2004 .

I was asking myself at that time; ' why would someone be buying shares at 30, 40, 45c, when the stock was in the teens for years ?' The answer meant that many biotech punters thought ACU was the real deal. Pentrix (as it was known then) was an exciting potential blockbuster drug and the good Dr. wasn't your average mug buying shares into biotech. Dr. Opara seized control for a premium and the rest of us followed.

Investors have been disappointed and the rights issues have put pressure on the stock.
    Sentiment towards biotech has not helped and expectations for a speedy phase2 from short term traders has created negative sentiment. A few of the ex-directors on the board also created some negativity, but I think one needs to put themselves in the shoes of Dr.Opara. I think he'd still be underwater on the total funds he's invested . Maybe the other directors at that time didn't agree with the placements or the diversification away from Pentrys. Maybe Opara was in a way reducing his overall risk and at the same time
    creating a bigger ,better company which would attract a much higher valuation given time and results from phase2 trials.

So what's changed as far as the clinical trials are concerned? What's changed as far as Pentrys is concerned ? I think the market value of ACU will double if Pentrys results are conclusive and positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PC1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.