LCL 12.5% 0.9¢ lcl resources limited

Buy: Metminco Binary Hedging at Play

1. 305 Posts.
    Less than a week to go before the previous owners of the Colombian Gold Deposit (Miraflores) clear the transaction for complete 100% ownership of a series of gold deposits that have already had $29m sunk on exploration!

With the copper market stuck at $2.00/lb the timing of the gold project acquisition looks very lucky. First bit of luck in a long time. Why luck with this gold project when gold could tank lower? With Total Cash Costs of $682/oz subject to a further improvement according to the company down to $625/oz the differential is very competitive against existing producers in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 bracket In My Humble Opinion. This ultimately is the biggest positive for me, holding 44.6m shares, why put money into two separate companies? I would rather invest and stay here with the hedging strategy.

Hedging at its best:
    Good times and markets, copper prices improve and thereby Los Calatos economics strengthen.

If gold is the mitigation risk in a weak and uncertain market the company should do well in both circumstances IMHO, hence the hedging via polar and binary commodities might be incredibly valuable!

If they can sell a large stake of this $447m deposit of the red stuff that could be very worthy indeed. We as Metminco investors could retain a small carry percentage for future upside post Bankable Feasibility Study. As for cash the cash is the question, how much A$ for how much percent stake in Metminco? I would support a 65% sell off at US$60m with the 35% retained as a significant holding for future appreciations of this world leading deposit - again IMHO.

Where are we with the "well advanced" discussions with other parties?
    Awaiting with conviction here for me!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $8.684M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $7.111K 888.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2628074 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 179366 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.