IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Buy more?, page-17

1. 2,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 721
    Hi Andy

You make a valid point.

Debt levels have been a concern up until recently when IFN renegotiated a particularly restrictive debt and covenant. The capital light strategy has been a welcome tactic with additional production sold without incurring major debt. The battery was half-funded by arena and previous calculation had this paying for itself in an estimated 18 months based on improved utilization of generation.The other half was funded from cash.

I think they are also in a better position to renegotiate debt funding with the present cash flows but I wouldn't be surprised if another capital light production source was signed up to further use Smithfield's firming capacity. This would increase cash flow without further debt as well.
    Given current interest rates I think the likelihood of rolling over any residual debt at a reasonable rate is pretty good. It is not likely that IFN will be completely debt free as a capital intensive business usually has some debt, especially if it wants to invest in growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.