MLG 0.00% 63.0¢ mlg oz limited

buy or pass?, page-7

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    This baby is running hot, get in now or risk losing out.

From a recent AFR article "Truck driver who left school at 14 hits top gear with $148m listing":

MLG now employs about 650 people plus 80 contractors. The first 17 people Mr Leahy hired after founding the business in late 2001 are still on board and all of them took part in an IPO underwritten by Morgans and Bell Potter.

Mr Leahy sees the trend to mining more ore and running ever bigger processing mills to drive down costs in the WA gold industry as working in MLG’s favour in the future.“The good part about that is unless you build rail, and no gold company will because the volume and mine life is not there to justify it, the only way to deal with the logistics and movement of the material is via road train,” he said.“That is where we see a large portion of our opportunity coming in the not-too-distant future. It is this shift to bigger mines with bigger mining fleets with bigger processing facilities and more volume.“There’s more ore coming in, more ore to be crushed, more tailings to be looked after, more roads to be maintained.”

Plenty of blue sky to come now that their equity will provide for growth and additions to their fleet size.

Love the fact that the original 17 employees are still there, clearly goes to show a good culture and a strong management team.
  2. 27 Posts.
    I think he was talking about DDH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.