UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Reasonable comment and an error I must wear and correct. I only...

1. 225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Reasonable comment and an error I must wear and correct. I only check in on UNS every now and then to see if I should take it off my Not Investment Grade list.

I should have said he used his shares to pay debt, but he still did receive a big fat pay-day. The cash just never hit his account, but now he has substantially less debt.

This is VERY important if UNS goes belly up or shareholders have to accept a low-ball offer from Amgen.

Four months cash, with a burn of $25m (or even half that), is not exactly an ideal position to be in, especially when you are having to put off paying bills and need to keep extending an agreement with a partner in the hopes of getting a deal done to survive. If UNS was in a sound position, they would have charged Amgen for the extensions (probably, around $US7.5m).

Yes, the share movements were all prearranged based on contingent events, but if he wanted to retain control of the shares he could have paid in cash, which he has plenty of. The interpretation remains the same. Just because he has dressed it all up in a contract doesn't make it any different.

Also, don't get me started on these sorts of lending arrangements. Remember Opes Prime? When the lender wants to recoup their money, they will, and it won't really hurt mega-rich Alan. But, it will hurt just about every other shareholder in a big way, especially retail investors, as the holding is dumped. These things are set up such that the lender has plenty of room to sell down the shares and recoup most of their money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.