JAT 3.65% 66.0¢ jatcorp limited

Goatpointer,I'm in the same boat as yourself re: not holding but...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Goatpointer,

I'm in the same boat as yourself re: not holding but keenly watching.

I listened to the recent BRR interview with interest for a number of reasons.

Of note was the following in relation to the biofuels project:

Q: Is the project cash flow positive?
    A: Yes.

Q: Has it got any more costs?
    A: No. There are no more costs associated with this project.

'We are selling into niche markets such as the airline industry and more recently into the renewable energy (electricity) markets in Europe.'

Whilst the Jatropha plants take three years to mature and five years to be fully mature, Camelina (a crop which JAT plans to grow in between the Jatropha plants) matures in just 3-4 months meaning it can be harvested 2-3 times a year and provide recurring annual revenue whilst the Jatropha is in its relatively long process of maturing once every five years. Furthermore, by growing Camelina alongside Jatropha it increases the yield from 4-5 tonnes of seeds a year per hectare to 12-13 tonnes of seeds a year per hectare.

Once again we had mention of the current 2000 hectares used for the planting of Jatropha plants being expanded to 100,000 hectares provided funding can be secured. This will become a serious operation and a serious revenue earning company in biofuels alone if they can pull off such a massive expansion of their operations. Their other revenue streams not even being included in the potential upside of this company in the long-term (towards 2020 and beyond).

It was also stated in the interview that JAT were 'actively pursuing 3rd party investment into this and we're looking at both private and also government investment into this program.'

If prices are around the current level over the coming few months I think I will have to do something to free up some money and invest before it's too late.

Surely it won't stay at these levels for much longer, especially not should the funding come along to allow the biofuels project to be expanded, or the other areas of the business report some major progress one way or the other.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
-0.025(3.65%)
Mkt cap ! $54.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.5¢ 68.0¢ 66.0¢ $2.536K 3.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9999 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 1742 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.