BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

will it fail $27.30? here's something interesting to read ---...

1. 114 Posts.
    will it fail $27.30?

here's something interesting to read ---
    =====
    Investment #1: BHP Billiton (symbol: BHP)
    Imagine if you owned the world's largest supplier of steel-making materials, and you're located right on China's doorstep. You'd be able to raise prices, practically at will. That's the first business I'm recommending... the world's largest supplier of steel-making materials.
    The company is not just the world's largest supplier of steel-making materials, it is the largest raw materials/commodities play in the world. With over 100 operations in 20 countries, this company is near the top of the heap in aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, copper, ferro-alloys, iron ore, and titanium minerals, and it has substantial interests in oil and gas, liquefied natural gas, nickel, diamonds, and silver.
    The story is simple. China is booming, and it desperately needs raw materials. One company will be the largest outside provider of the exact raw materials that China needs. And that's where I recommend you invest.
    BHP Billiton is the world's largest resources company. It's valued at $141 billion in the market – over 5 times the size of giant Newmont Mining, for example. But that doesn't mean it's expensive. It's trading at a forward P/E of 13.
    That P/E is not as cheap as I like. But I think the analysts are underestimating BHP Billiton's earnings power. Wall Street analysts have conservative forecasts for commodity prices. BHP Billiton's earnings are clearly sensitive to moves in commodity prices. A small rise in commodity prices translates to a healthy kick to the bottom line.
    Roughly speaking, steel-making materials make up a third of their earnings, energy commodities (petroleum and energy coal) make up a third of their earnings, and metals make up the final third. This is truly a diversified resources company.
    Sales are split as well. A third of sales are from Japan, China, and "Other Asia," a third are from Europe, and a third are from North America, Australia, and others.
    The nice thing about being well diversified, both product-wise and geographically, is that when the China boom does come to an end, it's not the end of BHP Billiton. BHP Billiton serves the world.
    BHP Billiton's China opportunity is enormous. It is the growth market. To give you an idea, back in 1990, China demanded 4% of the world's seaborne iron ore. By 1995, that number had grown to 11%. And in 2002, it was 23%.
    No doubt, the opportunity in China looks great right now. But even if it disappeared tomorrow, BHP Billiton would be just fine. BHP Billiton is so huge that China currently makes up less than 10% of sales.
    Investors are going to be looking for China plays. They'll be buying BHP Billiton. So the shares could really run up in the coming months. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 100% gain in all the hoopla.
    If the China bubble ends badly, we still own the world's largest diversified commodities producer... a great place to be.
    Recommendation: Buy BHP Billiton today (NYSE: BHP) with up to 4% of your portfolio, and use a 25% trailing stop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.