APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Sorry, you need to educate yourself as to the workings of HFT...

1. 3,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2970
    Sorry, you need to educate yourself as to the workings of HFT (high frequency traders). These parasites are licensed to trade on the ASX through direct cable conduits connected to ASX servers that give them a speed advantage over all other traders. In other words they will "get ahead" of your retail trade every time by pushing or pulling market bids unless stronger big players can dominate the live market through the sheer weight of their available resources.. So you can just forget about the 1 unit trades right now - and forget about the trade cost (compared to CommSec). Mate it just doesn't work that way, you are living in the past. They don't pay any fee on their trades - they have a "bulk" client arrangement with the ASX.
    There ends the lesson.

We don't need to go any deeper - you need to catch up. It is a universally agreed fact that 60%+ of ALL global equity trades on markets here and everywhere else are not genuine investment trades but trades washing around in circles to service other complex "positions".
    If you have a broker - he will confirm this although he might say it's much more than 60%.

To make matters worse in the vile underbelly of this form of trading, the HFT operator is often collaborating with a "backroom client" who wants to use algorithmic buying or selling strategies to slowly grind a desired outcome or trend into a company in which they have an interest (undisclosed of course) - and guess what: none of this will ever in any way help your desires to invest in a clean market.

Sorry, you might want to give up share investing after learning all this now. Personally I live in the real world. I can't print what I would do to these bottom dwellers, but the horses have bolted and still I manage to invest successfully - by ignoring the noise you are looking at.
    Last edited by antibody: 06/12/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.