AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

buy, page-14

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    GPS76, I beleive 8c-10c is fair value for the company right now, so a market cap of $40M-$50M. Forget the 50% copper for a minute and think realistically.

On the back of some encouraging finds a few years ago, CDU got pumped up something crazy from 30c-$10, in a similar time frame that AVB rallied, before settling around $3-$4 mark for a while after ASIC interveined and asked for further testing on what was considered over-optimistic grades.

AVB is in a similar situation now I reckon but for a slightly different reasons to CDU. The question is not over the company actually validating the quality of the findings, it is getting news out there that can actually spark a trigger in the share price. Yes, sure, you can say more news is comeing, but the market now expects nothing but a spectactular resource to be in the ground.

Now AVB is currently valued at about $65M by the market, but let's remember that the company will have to pay a lot of money down the track for infrastructure (train line connections, mine preparation, copper processing plant). All these cost money and will have to be payed for by shareholders through dilution.

So what does this all mean, well, in the next 6-12months the market will realise that the company can't just pull 50% copper out of the ground for the rest of enternity. Alot of effort still has to be put in to get from these drill intersections to actually having a fully fledged producing mine. Long termers will remain patient, but the traders and short-medium termers will now more to greener pastures I imagine. The stock has had a great ride, but all good things come to an end. Unless you can bare this dropping another 35%-40% before bottoming out and finding strong support, I can't see how this thread is anything but a desperate fantasy from holders wishing the drop to stop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.