CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

buyback is on !, page-110

1. 3,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    tasmanian2,

Not wanting to get myself embroiled in the all-in slug fest but I am currious as to what you are suggesting and why you think it would be beneficial.

Presumably you are simply talking about delisting the company rather than privatising it. As another poster has attempted to point out, privatising pretty much means that a small number of private investors take ownership thus it ceases to be a public company. Obviously private companies aren't listed on the exchange thus privatisation and delisting may seem to be the same thing but the difference is significant. Are you simply suggesting delisting the stock but all current shareholders keep their position or did you really mean privatisation whereby 1 or 2 big investors buy us all out ?

I assume from your comment "investors with publicly available information should be in a position to decide whether they are either for or against the company" that you are simply meaning delisting and that we have all had our chance to decide if we are committed or now. I therefore am interested in your comment in which you say "Personally I would be happy to take my cards off the table so vultures can't play with my hard earned anymore".

How do you believe that they are playing with your hard earned ? At some point you made a decision to convert $x in x shares which you now hold (most of us here made the same decision at different times and prices). When you/we did this we ceased to hold the cash and now hold x% of equity in this company. The movement in the share price, beit by games, general market fear, some glitch in the system, broker bias or whatever new explanation people come up with to help them sleep better, does not change the equity in CDU that you hold thus unless you want to reverse your decision and convert your equity back to cash then your share of the proceeds from the copper when it comes out of the ground aren't really impacted by the day to day market gyrations.

Given this, how do you feel your hard earned will be protected by delisting the stock thus denying other shareholders a market into which they could sell their shares should they decide for whatever reason they needed to convert their equity back to cash ? Would not being able to sell your shares really make you feel safer ?

Just intersted to understand your thinking here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.