CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

I think it is important that the buyback actually begins today,...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    I think it is important that the buyback actually begins today, and is reported on Monday.

It sends a message to all that:

(1) CFE is underpriced, and as such it is value accretive per share for the company to buyback their own shares.

(2) CFE are willing to support their own price

(3) And that if you do choose to put up large sell orders, or short the stock, you do so at your own peril, as the company is prepared to take your sells out (within the WAP limits)

Another stock that I own proposed a buyback. On the announcement, the price rose (as expected). However, as the price dropped down and the company did not start buying, it became obvious to the market that the buyback was pure bluff. Worse than that, it sent the WRONG message to shareholders, that if the company was not willing to buyback their own shares at current prices, why should shareholders?

So, it will be important today (or the the coming days) for some buying back to take place. If for no other reason that it sends an important message to buyers and to sellers. And, far better buy back a decent chunk of shares NOW, rather than when some of the larger assets are sold and the price is so much higher anyway.

Yaq

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.