KCN 0.91% $1.67 kingsgate consolidated limited.

I agree that a company update in this area (funding approach to...

1. 3,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 798
    I agree that a company update in this area (funding approach to refurb plant1) is warranted in the June qtrly, but I don't see anything dire about the situation.
    That $15milUSD working capital facility to fund the plant #1 refurb was also calculated based on zero dollars coming in from the retail aspect of the SPP. But KCN raised $8M (AUD) via the retail SPP... eg; ~$5mil USD. Plus there is $15-$18milAUD of working capital built in the institutional aspect of the cap raise and given the promising initial performance of Plant 2 restart I'd say that working capital cash need was overly pessimistic.
    So while you say the company do not have finance to refurb plant1, I say maybe they have purposely disengaged with their funding pursuit as their financial situation has improved since the cap raise announcement, and maybe it's just a point of pushing the plant1 refurb back a few months until the cashflow from plant2 production is sufficient to cover it, and yes they still need to provide an update regarding the status of the $7.5M (USD) preference shareholder loans.

What this also tells to is that a share buy back can't be justified until there is a bit more clarity around the funding approach to refurb plant1 and repay the preference shareholder loans.... previously I was one of the advocates to buy back shares right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.67
Change
0.015(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $433.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.69 $1.76 $1.66 $663.5K 388.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2683 $1.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.67 5046 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.41pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.