buyers are gone-what about the builders?

1. 485 Posts.
    Update from Tradies -for the SA Building market;-
    (sparkies,roof trusses,Gyrockers, Brickies,steel erectors)
    mostly home Building (come commercial) contractors
    Dec2010 Qtr
    Order book down aprox half - from what was the case a year before, concerns in creasing, mainstream builders ...devine,homestead,fairmont..etc feeling the order book reduction of about 50% down...

Come Mar11 qtr-
    Tradies & contract builders (as above) order book of future work down a further 50% from the heydays of 09-
    so in many cases weeks of work lower than 5-0 weeks
    Mainstream builders begining to get nervous...employees told to tightn up,contractors put on notice.. tuff times a comin, real concerns on order book levels

June11 qtr -
    Holy S..t, its hit the fan....
    The subbies themselves, my guess as many as half have nil or hand to mouth order book as WIP dries up fast
    Builders terminate large no of contractors
    Employees sackings, casuals mainly quite widespread
    Their order books at historic equal lowest and going south..
    Bianco goes Bust, 350 Building supplies jobs gone, blames his 50M$ warehouse construction debt! reality is its happening...

OK - But we still have the Mining Industry..thats bullet proof, we'll be right, thats the Aussie spirit!
    Well
    Lets kick that in the guts with a tax on investment...not a carbon tax, a tax on investment & jobs...

Anyone here on this blog from the latrobe valley?
    Tell me, if you caN, is your local building industry as affected as the Adelaide scene i have desribed above?

That trigger (now additional trigger now!) in un-employment may just have been put in place!!!

The lescat

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.