AOS advanced ocular systems limited

buyers building, page-26

1. 50 Posts.
    Aksier,

'TA' is short for Triamcinolone Acetonidea, a synthetic corticosteroid that is to treat inflammation in the human body.

AOS has a US patent for the use of TA as a treatment for macular degeneration. (Licensed to Alcon)

AOS is ivolved with a sustained release formulation of TA that should extend the period of time between treatments. In doing so it will be more cost effective for patient and practice as well as aiding the healing process.

In theory a good product, there are similar products (as in what they are applied for) on the market at the moment that give the same use and are generall well liked, however the AOS product is different enough in the way in which they use the TA to warrant a patent. Time will tell if their idea will pay off. And like has been mentioned it could help us out with the SP.

It will all depend on the market for the product, if its popullar within the Opthalmic world and if any side effects are noted etc post study and trial. In other words hopefully not like Tetraflex. It only takes a couple of patients to lot like something and it has a big effect. Peoples eyes as you know are fragile and it doesn't take long for people to be turned off anything to do with a side effect with eyes.

As Alcon already have the rights I think this is a very good sign. I give Alcon a lot of credibility.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.