FBR 4.55% 4.6¢ fbr ltd

Buying FBR in US $$’s, page-8

1. 227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    Are you talking about buying FBR on a US exchange or just converting your dollars into US and using them ?

FBR trades here on what are called the pink sheets or OTC (over the counter) market, which is basically the wild west of the American markets. The symbol is FBRKF. The problem with the OTC is extremely low liquidity and it is a real cesspool in terms of shady stuff and even shadier companies. I've watched FBRKF over the years and it makes wild price swings that seem unconnected to what is happening on your ASX at times, I suppose somebody really smart with lots of computers could figure out some kind of arbitrage to take advantage of that.

I've only owned FBR on the ASX and I'm happy with that, the strength of the US dollar has been a bonus. I think it was around 1.20 AUD to USD when I started buying FBR years ago on the ASX and it's now around 1.58.

The other alternative is to just convert some of your Australian dollars to US if you can do that in your account and then buy shares at the US exchange rate. To make a real difference, I think you would have to be talking about substantial amounts to make it worthwhile over time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.002(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $205.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.6¢ 4.3¢ $228.5K 5.099M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 470586 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 473308 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.