MSB 4.69% $1.45 mesoblast limited

Buying in, page-30

1. 16,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8400
    Alhambra,

Based on your reference to "blue chips" and "safe" I'm not sure you really understand what sort of businesses I own (or why, for that matter).

I own some decidedly obscure, "risky" stocks like BOL, DTL, KOV, LYL, ONT, PRT, SDI, and SKE.

Collectively, they represent almost 15% of my invested capital.

And none of those, I think, could possibly be described as "safe" or "blue chip" by any stretch of the imagination.

Most of them are micro-caps with little, or no, published broker research, they are highly illiquid and like MSB, with these you can touch and taste and smell the risk, too. In spades!

The only difference is that, with these companies the potential risks, were they to come into existence, would have an impact of the value of each respective business that I believe I am able to quantify to my satisfaction. And thereby informs the value-at-risk that forms a critical part of my investment view.

With MSB, I do not find myself in a position where I am able to do the same. I am unsure what impact would be on the intrinsic value of MSB, if some of the risks being identified were to materialise.

"Even a small investment of this type could start you on the road to improving your skills in this sector of the market"

Hmmm, thanks, but I kind of like to believe that I've more-than served my apprenticeship in stock picking, and I am happy to back myself when it comes to investing in stocks further out to the top, right-hand corner of the Return-Risk matrix.
    Last edited by madamswer: 09/04/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.