EVN 2.02% $4.05 evolution mining limited

Okay, hypotheticals aside. I will first state that I don't agree...

1. 1,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48

Okay, hypotheticals aside.

I will first state that I don't agree with tariffs either, in fact the vast majority of academic economists and mainstream banking economists don't agree with them. We all know that tariffs will ultimately hurt consumer spending. I found it interesting that Trump and his administration have essentially blinked first with the recent announcement to delay and/or suspend indefinitely, some of the proposed tariffs until December 15. Trump and his administration are clearly in the weaker negotiating position now that we all know that Trump and his administration are willing to bluff. If the Chinese see this as a sign of weakness, then the US-China trade war has a long way to run in my opinion.

Now to halt your deviation from the main point made: that currency fluctuations, not necessarily interest rate fluctuations, can be more hurtful to consumer spending. Countries with the highest weighted mean applied tariff wouldn't be more than say ~20%, where as the countries with the lowest weighted mean applied tariff, being 0%, are just a handful of countries like Singapore and Switzerland. I dare say that currency fluctuations, in percentage terms, between the major trading pairs will be greater, over lengthy durations, than the country with the highest weighted mean applied tariff.

Generally speaking any tariffs in place between modern advanced economies pre-Trump, were just a few percent; insignificant to currency volatility.

I am well aware that the world economy is in essence a complex adaptive system (CAS).
    Last edited by Eratosthenes: 14/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.05
Change
0.080(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $8.042B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.07 $4.00 $25.69M 6.365M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2390 $4.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.05 99335 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.05
  Change
0.080 ( 1.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.05 $4.07 $4.00 2437453
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.