RIA 0.00% 3.3¢ rialto energy limited

buying is encouraging , page-80

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    I have an example (from the UK) about why you should ALWAYS spend time on analysing your data before being pressured into releasing information.

A company called Desire Petroleum (or more appropriately nicknames Disaster Petroleum!!) released some news of an exploration drill a little early due to the pressure from investors and the media. They stated they had oil off the falklands. Two weeks later after accurately analysing the data, they had to release a new announcement saying they had misinterpreted the log and what they thought was oil, was in fact water!! Lucky I didn't buy this one, but goes to show why you need to take your time with this information before releasing it.

In terms of disclosure, the disclosure rules are there so that investors are not duped by a company notifying others (ii's etc) before the market in order to someone to make money off the back of an already known result. If they are still analysing the logs then there is no known result, just maybe an early assumption. I would prefer them to be sure of the result before disclosing it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.