KZL 0.00% 12.0¢ kagara ltd

re: macquarie update/whetu whetu,I do trust the manangement of...

1. 5,867 Posts.
    re: macquarie update/whetu whetu,
    I do trust the manangement of this one-particularly since Max Cosijn left the scene.
    But I am allowed to question the direction they are taking-ever had to find a home for concentrate running at 2.5% Arsenic? Given the tonnages they are playing with coupled with the grade, it is fairly obvious it was not going to be trucked anywhere.
    The 2.5% ~ equivalent gold grade is a furphy. The gold grade was 1 gramme. The other metals ,with the possible exception of copper,are going to cannabilise each others metal credits as they are corresponding penalty elements.(Polymetallics are usually a pain in the backside!)
    To block cave this style of ore body at this depth , you need at least double the grade.
    The base metals orebody is running at commercial grade but the tonnage is only modest unfortunately. Its development potential is moderate and would not have a significant effect on the earnings stream.
    If you want to know more about impurities in concentrates , either phone the AusIMM (Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy-they are in Melbourne) and ask for the publications section. Order a copy of 'the cost estimation handbook'-written in 1992 and you will be surprised how little things change.
    Alterntively try and phone someone like Glencore or Trafiguria Societe Generale Mitsui or some other international metal trader. They are invariably secretive so good luck.
    Cheers,TAS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.