DLS 0.00% 69.0¢ drillsearch energy limited

proves the point I hate saying this as I did completely...

1. 2,076 Posts.
    proves the point I hate saying this as I did completely dissagree when I first heard it, but DLS's current price proves the "buy early sell before spud" strategy

DLS was at around 6.4 after some fairly rocky trading, then they started announcing spuds in droves, driving the shares up to 12 . . . but before we actually had results they started falling back off again. even as wells come back with good results they're still not impacting price up. we're now in the 8's

What does this mean (and I know this is a Pillman guess . . so dont flame me). Does this mean that pre-spud and in the first spuds the expectation goes way up, but that the smart money pulls out before a measurement can be properly made (given that the jump from 6.4 to 12 is like . . almost double . . . did DLS double in value in the last round of wells? I doubt it . . )

Any thoughts? and . . besides NWE (which is spudding Appalacians in 2 weeks) is there other pre-spud plays that have a low buy in point that anyone likes at the moment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DLS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.