SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Buying SGH, page-394

1. 52 Posts.
    Hi Grant, apologies on the late acknowledgement of your reply Sir.. Seems the ground opened up beneath me over the last couple of weeks and I've only just managed to resurface.. Such is life, with project deadlines & deliverables..

Thankyou for applying the context on which one might then use comprehension to its full advantage.. Yes, I remember Sir Rupert's story well and note the scenarios are starting to play out as you alluded too.. I feel there's a little bit of brinkmanship left in this yet and my gut tells me it will not be without further twists and it is that which is indicating to me that it will pull through. But not without significant risk for a little while yet, which means it will remain a bone of contention for the 'for' and 'against' brigade.

It has been wonderfully complex and intriguing story, if nothing else and continues to read like a scene from Air Crash Investigation.. I actually typed the post script below out the other day and then got called away before I could post.. I've just got a feeling that it will survive and start to rise again from these levels..

Time will tell, Russ

Purely a lay view, so make of it what you will.
    Historically:
    Management got caught out having been only fair weather captains prior. (DD, Integration etc.. we know the story)
    Decisive and swift action was req far sooner than realised considering the headroom allocated.. (Deer in headlights)
    Additional Legislative storms compounded this mistake. (Murphy comes to the party)
    Entering now, apply what historical weighting to that you wish. It has no bearing on probability going forward, none of it does..

Let’s treat consequence as a constant (oblivion), although that is still an assumed outcome.

Probability is key.. Is it less than 1 and by a factor of how much?

The Sioux City Airplane Crash occurred due to an in flight a failure event which had a deemed probability of occurrence calculated at .0000000001 (Billion to 1)
    The corresponding survival rate upon the incident occurring was therefore deemed 0%, or total catastrophe.
    The actual survival rate, once the smoke had settled was 62.5% which surprised absolutely everyone and confounded the experts even further.

This was attributed solely to the actions of the Captain & Crew who expertly managed a crisis scenario they had never been trained for..

Relevance? Probability & Consequence don't always seem to obey rational laws & the application of a few, even in the face of death, can have a material affect on a perceived outcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.