TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Buying TRY Stock, page-2

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Not sure whether I would recommend anybody to invest "all their hard earned money" into any one stock ... and certainly not into a high risk / high rewards stock in a struggling industry.

As well - not sure, whether I (or anybody else) can make a case for TRY (or any other miner) being the best of all gold miners.

Here are a handful of things to consider:

(+) Analysts seem to feel that TRY is undervalued with an outperform recommendation: http://www.4-traders.com/TROY-RESOURCES-LTD-6492302/consensus/;

(+) TRY is in the final phase of commissioning its new gold mine (Karouni) in Guyana. Predicted earnings (based on confirmed gold reserves) for the next 2 years are already higher than today's share price. A forward PE of 1.4 is not to spit at ...

(+) We expect over the next month or so completion of wet commissioning and first gold. Market (or people in the know?) seem to be optimistic (if the latest SP movements have any significance).

(+) predicted ASIC for their Karouni mine is somewhere around $650 per ounce .... i.e. lots of headroom in case the gold price keeps tanking.

(-) TRY is at current basically a one trick pony. If anything serious in Guyana turns sour, they are screwed. While they have another mine in Argentina - this one turned over the last year basically into a silver mine, which is bad news given the development of the silver price.

(-) mining in Argentina is even in good times bad business (with a bankrupt state sucking lots of the potential earnings with funny foreign exchange rules away). don\t expect a lot of positve contribution from Argentina, even if the silver price goes up.

(-) If you just look at the SP - they have a long history of disappointing the market. Sure - we all hope that they found the bottom this time around, but who knows?

In a nutshell: If you have some money to "play", than TRY might be worthwhile a punt at this stage (and I expect the SP to significantly appreciate if and when the good news cometh ...). However - if you are talking about investing your life's savings ... If it would be me, I would only put a small percentage of that into TRY (or any other high risk company, unless you are young enough to start again ...) - but everybody to their own.

Ah yes - and above all - I guess your strategy to collect investment information appears to be low effort, but in any case: DYOR ... it is your money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.