BCN 0.00% 2.8¢ beacon minerals limited

Buying up big, page-3

1. 152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Hi JRD'
    I appreciate you posts, and your thoughts on keeping the price up, but the reality is this stock is way below the real big money that sees good news rise prices. As I point out time & time again, the big fund managers CANNOT invest in this end of the market, they are bound to the top blue chips. In addition to that, even the big private funders don't buy heavily into little gems like this - their books ATM are full of good mid tier stocks and approaches from minors for direct investment.

Have you noticed over the last 6 months since money has tightened with even the "Sophisticated" investors are not being involved. The cheap moneys gone - its the little retail punters that are the only players down at this level now, hence no matter how good the books & prospects look, even with the world political uncertainty hasn't really moved the gold price as it should have.

The other thing to look at technically, is IF there is a crash of some sort these little shows get a real kicking, not with any fair reason, just the nature of this end of the market. I truly worry for some on this site that appear to have a lot of their savings tied up here - IMO, unless you can afford a big hit, this should be the 10% of your investment portfolio that you are prepared to risk......

My position is different - I haven't got many years left, and my love and main interest now is betting on the small cap miners.... I've had a wonderful life, taken advantages of opportunities, worked hard and won, worked hard and lost, and if things go bad I'll probably have a wooden cross instead of a tombstone - it really doesn't matter now, - but I could not afford to do this 20 years ago. So for those reasons, yes, I've also been trying to get back into buying, against all my rules of investing..... only becos IMO management has now extended the life of the company through buying good known assets, rather than dusting hopeful holes, and TL is now a funded wildcard. However, every time the price hits my revised buy level, there are beggar all shares to buy!!! Isn't that interesting....while so many bitch on about hedging, buybacks, & how to better run shallow surface mining, not many of them are prepared to sell and leave ???

All that said, unless a buy back changes $0.024 into $2.40 IMO the buyback is just another distraction and we can't afford that level of consolidation. We are what we are - a very well run little gold miner that is a proven producer with a commitment to shareholders, and that is very rare. Pray there isn't a world recession - a BIG PRAYER needed there perhaps. If it happens, & you can afford it, hang in and be patient and be prepared for a longer period of investment - modern market corrections don't last the years that used to happen, and BCN is better placed than most other small miners to come out the other side. If TL drilling hit the jackpot, even I might throw a party. All the very best JR & others with faith in this company - and appols for the sermon (I'll take a day or so rest now and not annoy anyone further). Cheers RC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $105.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $20.74K 743.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3249 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 5349958 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ 31899
Last updated 15.50pm 04/06/2024 ?
BCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.