QPN 27.3% 0.8¢ quest petroleum nl

...by any other name

1. 8,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    The move to change the name probably stems from at least two main wishes on the part of management.

One reason could be to try and break the association with QPN and its lacklustre share price performance for the last several years. With the share consolidation taking place (and hopefully a higher share price as a consequence) the change in name creates a "fresh" image. Punters may not go seeking out the history too much or see the new company in a more positive light.

Second reason I suspect is the wish to reflect where the company is heading. I would interpret the use of the name "INDUS" as indicating that management is still going with its effort in Indonesia (IND) but is also well down the track of sorting out its return to the USA (US)....so IND + US.

There is mention of the wish to get into a less restrictive environment and mention of the US as the desired area. And the company just happens to have a "shell company" set up and ready for some purpose.

Another reason could be, as some have suggested, that with the share consolidation and share price rise then a capital raising with a new name makes it a little easier (maybe!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.