Denben,I agree in governments taking action.What the Rudd labor...

1. 687 Posts.
    Denben,I agree in governments taking action.What the Rudd labor government did was react,A fearful,panicked knee jerk reaction and Rudd's "Actions"probably exacerbated the problem.
    getting in front of the cameras many times and repeating the sound bite slogan"worst economic crisis of our lifetimes"did little to instill confidence in the australian public.The bank guarantee that gave the appearance our banks must be in trouble if the government feels the need to guarantee them.Apart from some quirky story of some alarmist pulling all his savings out of the bank and walking home with them in a suitcase.I seriously doubt our banks were ever in danger of a run.The give aways where everybody got something would have added to the fear because if the governments giving away money then we really must be in trouble.Most people would have held on to their handouts and only spent it on things they were going to spend money on anyway.
    Pink bats,Unusable school tuck shops are these well thought out actions?
    I'm not saying that it wasnt a worrying time all I'm saying is it was the existing strength of our economy and our banks that saved us.Not anything Rudd did.
    With your thinking its a shame Greece didnt have a Rudd they would be booming now.
    As I've said a few times if you truly believe K Rudd was such a great man.Why arent you outraged and disgusted with this present government for the way they treated him.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.