bye bye bali bombers, page-9

1. 8,980 Posts.
    I'm with you dust.
    Revenge is a powerful emotion, particularly when it comes after the death of a loved one. That is why those involved should never be given a say in the manner by which a perpetrator is to be judged or punished. I, too would scream for their execution if one of my own loved ones were involved in that mass murder but I sure am glad I'm unable to have any effect in their judgement and punishment. No one, neither individual or the State should impose the rule "an eye for an eye" because both "eyes" become identical and impossible to tell which one belongs to the criminal and which to the judge.
    The degree of the crime should not give the excuse for taking another life, regardless of whether that would help the loved ones bring about some "closure," which, as you've pointed out, it does not necessarily follow. "Closure," if it's to come, will come in its own time.

I am also very unhappy by the way our Govn't abrogated its responsibility in voicing a non-death sentence. The complete washing their hands of this affair shows no more than acceptance of capital punishment. Every nation should be quite loud and clear about condemning the death sentence around the world. America, which we are now seeing even more starkly just how barbaric a country it is in many respects, has suddenly got totally out of control with this form of brutal and barbaric punishment and, it seems, mob-lynching ("televise it!" some shout.) is now a rising method of disseminating justice in that country, in a strong effort to be on a par with other backward-minded countries.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.