Wow - So much passion about something as trivial as daylight...

1. 18,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    Wow - So much passion about something as trivial as daylight saving. Funnily enough everyone I spoke with about d.s. was in favour and loved the early start to the day, and then they go and vote NO! Contrary lot!
    Thanks, Molonsky, BTW!

My thoughts on extended shopping hours: there is only so much money to go round. People are not going to spend more money, if they can do it on Sundays as well - plus I seem to always find shops that are open at odd hours, even on Sunday - let me say it again: I live in Western Australia.

Western Australia will eventually fall in line with the other States.

Working hours: I remember getting up at 5:30 am somewhere in Central Europe to go to work, first having to drop off my child at a Kindergarten, leaving home at 6.15, in order to start work at 7.30h; eventually picking up same child at 6pm and getting home again by about 7pm. I left home in the dark and returned in the dark from late autumn to end of Feb. (Summer was different, because summer days are longer there.)

We are truly spoilt here, and getting lazier by the day, which is the downside to this 'easy' lifestyle.

But please, lets enjoy it; and tourists will arrive here whether we have after hours shopping or not; they don't come to go to the supermarkets, the come for the beautiful, lonely beaches, for the desert and the red country, and the beautiful gorges up north, some even comment on the beautiful clean city of Perth, its location and its gardens (I always take them to Kings Park first off).

To all you negative bunnies out there: watch a bit of TV news, preferably on SBS and thank your lucky stars you live in Australia.

Another sunny day (sigh)
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.