SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Bye bye ISX - None / Sell Sentiment Only, page-6

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    So, having started this thread, I haven't had much to say, other than, quietly, under my breath, reading some of the other threads, FFS.

One of the recurring themes, over the last few days, that continues to amaze me, even though it shouldn't, is how genuinely naive so many regular posters on these forums are (these range from completely naive - shouldn't really be allowed to have purchased shares - to fair enough, unless you've been through a adversarial legal process, you may not get the point a little bit naive they are)
    • Not understanding what the 98+% of them voted for in the demerger
    • Not understand what they were receiving in the demerged entity
    • Not understanding if they could trade that entity, and, if so, when and where (when's it gonna show up in comsec?)
    • Not understanding that the vote of confidence implied by the vote for the demerger is totally irrelevant to all three cases currently underway
    • Not understanding that whoever commissioned the OM report is irrelevant
    • Not understanding how market capitalisation works
    • Not understanding that share price is a function of the market's perception of the future earnings and demand for a share and nothing more
    • Not understanding the position a short seller would be in for ISX right now
    • Not understanding how to read Shortman to see the short activity (and question how some short have been closed out while ISX has been suspended)
    • Not understanding that accepting a prospectus for a back door listing is not signing off on the fairness or otherwise of the terms of performance shares
    • Not understanding that neither ASX nor ASIC nor the auditors "signed off" on the issue of performance shares at the time they were issued
    • Not understanding that any number of well thought out products and patented KYC technologies are worthless unless you can generate revenue in excess of expenses, and, further, show growth in underlying profit to justify a PE multiple
    • Not understanding that ISX probably could have been trading again had ISX not played funny buggers with a poison pill draft escrow agreement that released the escrow if ISX was suspended again
    • Not understanding how accepting a claim made in the 4FASOC of a specific clause of discovered evidence (such as insufficient reason to suspend the day before) don't mean that that's the end of the story

There's more, I'm sure, but that's enough for now.

Watching this stock - which I started because someone who was trying to win my business as an M&A adviser mentioned it to me over a very nice lunch - has been interesting, to say the least. They didn't win my business, by the way. The other stock they mentioned as worth a look was BID, and, I'll admit, if I'd got in at 12c in mid 2019, and back out at 35c today, I'd be happy enough, but they were talking it up as a 10-bagger. It was, for a while, but another hype-fest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.