FBR 0.00% 2.5¢ fbr ltd

It's definitely rough in places like this...

1. 419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    It's definitely rough in places like this https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/byford-commercial-build-update.5598628/page-168?post_id=47036012

Granted it was windy and keeping in mind that i obviously want FBR to succeed, these are just non-biased opinions.

Is it too rough for other potential builders? I don't know, maybe not in Perth because the standards of quality with regards to brickwork is very poor, but not everywhere is Perth.

What kind of problems could it pose. Tolerances might come into question from potential builders, additional render may needed. That might sound silly, but on a commercial build in London, there was a new block wall put up maybe 6m high and probably spanned 30m that had to be rebuilt. It wasn't the builders that complained initially, it was the company doing the rendering who argued it cost them too much in materials and additional labour due to the wall being 'out of tolerance' because it was wavy and had to fill too many low spots. Anyway, inspectors chipped out some render to expose the brick at certain intervals along the wall and then pulled a string line from end to end and measured from the string to the face of the brick, and sure enough it was a little bit tolerance in places and was ordered to be rectified because the builders didn't want to pay the additional costs to the rendering company. So it happens.

There's still a lot of people required on site, It would be interesting to know what the true cost per build is after taking into account everyone involved, depreciation etc.

Anyway, the huge plus is wastage, no site clean which i think usually costs around $600 plus not having having to estimate the materials. Every job i've done there's always new bricks left over, sometimes up to 3 full packs because you usually estimate a touch over due to broken/chipped bricks, plus you don't wan't to have to pay for another delivery if you run out.

In my opinion it's still a bit rough in some places, especially in that photo, anyone who says it isn't either doesn't have the experience or they have no standards themselves which is what's wrong with the building industry these days. But i guess at the end of the day all that matters is it passes inspection, reduces cost for builders and turns a profit after costs.

I've officially finally hung up the trowel myself! Landed a job as mid level programmer, was a always a hobby of mine.
    Last edited by Bezzzzzo: 03/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $19.04K 755.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1797438 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 707625
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.