LYC 0.82% $6.16 lynas rare earths limited

cabinet meeting

1. 723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    There is a meeting of the Malaysian Cabinet tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Cabinet meetings typically finish at around midday or 1pm. If Ongkili is going to make his TOL decision public this week (as his last public statement suggests), I would have thought he'd brief the cabinet first. So, if no announcement comes out this afternoon, there is a reasonable probability that he will make his announcement after the cabinet meeting tomorrow.

I think there is a zero probability that the TOL will be rejected. By far the most likely the scenario (95% probability) is that the TOL will issued and LYC can start importing material immediately. The worst case scenario (5% probability), as I see things, is that Ongkili issues the TOL, but adds a further condition to it (to show that the government took the anti-lynas groups seriously).

By some measures, LYC is presently trading on an FY14 PE of less than 2. Once TOL and commissioning risks are out of the way, there is huge upside potential with LYC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.16
Change
0.050(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $5.757B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.16 $6.29 $6.14 $17.46M 2.821M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8398 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 6000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.