BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

cairns post 28 july excuse typing

1. 335 Posts.
    The mini mining boom continues to echo across the Far North with potentially massive tungsten find near Mareeba.The discovery by republic Gold at Whumbal West near Mt Carbine west of Mossman, could become the second major tungsten mine in the region after Vital Metals recent decision to start pre-mining works at Watershed later this year.Republic Gold this week announced a "highly encouraging"soil sample analysis across a 3.5km strike length.This compares favourably with the Watershed site which has a 1.5km strike length and is considered one of the biggest untapped deposits in the world .Tungsten is used to strengthen steel and prices for the mineral are expected to remain high because of demand from China and India.Initial indications suggest about 3km of the Whumbal West strike length to be of strong and continuous mineralisation. "The anomaly is large in size and depth," Republic Golds spokesman Greg Barnes said.
    " The next step now is the drilling and I've been told we've located a drill and should be able to start next month."The soil sampling report takenfrom 372 assay results ,will further encourage prospectors in the region where gold copper tin zinc and tungsten have been found.Vital Metals Watershed mine could become operational in late next year and is expected to be worth $100 million a year.Republic Gold managing director John Kelly said a number of other tungsten targets had been sampled recently in the Mt. Carbine area but results were yet to be assayed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.