cairns to stop fluoridating water...major win!, page-41

1. 2,983 Posts.
    As a child I spent the early years of my life growing up in a place called "Scotland Island" located in Sydney's Northern Beaches. We were totally dependent on RAIN WATER for drinking, washing, cooking etc. Needless to say I never had any problems with my teeth, not a single filling, to this day they are perfectly white, healthy and strong.

After moving to the mainland when I was around 12, my parents installed a reverse Osmosis filter by my fathers recommendation. My father originally from USA use to work as a Hydrologists for a company called Crystal Geyser and tested plenty of water before it was bottled. He even tested our rain water on Scotland Island for hardness, ph, nitrate, and bacteria etc. He said Sydney's water supply from Warragamba was pretty good compared to Southern California, but fluoride levels would fluctuate from time to time to levels which were not healthy to ingest.

He also said that bottled water would still contain fluoride and to remove that you need special filters. (btw, i think bottled water is a rip off, just get yourself a decent filter and avoid wasting multiple plastic bottles) Some people think that your average Brita filter is good, but they are good for simple impurity's not removing fluoride, the best way to remove fluoride is a reverse Osmosis filter.

Tap water vary's around the world, I know the fluoride and chlorine levels in parts of America (and China where I live atm) are highly toxic and not for drinking unless your desperate. Some places are better than others, but it pays to know what you're drinking.

Some of you love to make fun of JF for bringing awareness to things like this, he is only trying to help. Water is the most important thing your body can have and in Australia most people drink tap water so it's important to know the negative affects from fluoride.

Personally I can feel a difference if I have been drinking higher amounts of fluoridated water, a sense of clarity or lack of focus. It's quite a subtle feeling, but enough for me know the difference that I prefer to avoid it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.