FAR 3.92% 49.0¢ far limited

JP, I also work offshore, just trying to catch up on where FAR...

1. 605 Posts.
    JP,

I also work offshore, just trying to catch up on where FAR is with their well. If they were not at TD 3 days ago, then they certainly will not be pulling off the well for P&A. I am sure they will have more than 3 days of logging on such a high profile exploration well, not counting wiper trips cement plugs etc.  

So BOP issues would seem the most logical to me, especially since they have a history of BOP issues. If they only need to to pull the LMRP, due to control problems, then a storm packer, hang the drill pipe in the rams and close shears will do. If you have to pull the complete BOP, you may need to run a cement plug, or two storm packers depending on the governing authority.

I noticed in the annual report,
    They don't say drilling ahead to TD, they say not yet at TD. Unusual wording, so I would suspect a problem, but as you are most probably aware, these statement are designed to cloud the issue as much as possible, rather than clear them up.

PS. Just to throw my 2 cents worth into your P&A discussion. These well are designed as expendables, they will not be used in any way for production, except as a short Drill stem test, to test for flows and the oil/gas will be flared. It is possible to plug back and side track to core the reservoir if they think it is worth while. But at the end of the day the casing will have cement plugs in it, and the well head will be removed and casing cut 3m below the sea bed. No re-entry possible.

good luck all and hope things work out for you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.5¢ 49.0¢ $210.8K 423.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 81996 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 39845 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.