FAR 1.02% 49.5¢ far limited

I agree Free, I think it is very interesting that they are still...

1. 1,931 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    I agree Free,

I think it is very interesting that they are still on-site. Most rigs these days use hydraulic motors to
    move the rig into position - so they could relatively quickly pack up and leave (a couple of days at most IMO).

The results were announced on the 7th - so 7 days ago. Using Karoon Gas as an example, when they were
    drilling in the Browse Basin off Western Australia they P&A within a day of making an announcement. I certainly do not recall a rig been onsite a week after an announcement was made. Furhtermore, I would have thought wireline logs and samples would have been shipped offshore (by one of the tugs onsite).

I have been a SH in many O&G wells over the years and I can honestly say I have never experienced this before. Without trying to repeat what others have already said - an O&G rig on average costs 1million dollars per day... they don't just hang around for the hell of it, they pull the line, pull the BOP and cement the hole and they're out of there.

IMO they're either testing more samples (as they did say 'The well has been drilled to TD and logged' which implies that all of the logging has been completed)... or they are drilling further ahead.

The fact that no Oil Water Contact (OWC) was hit is great news.

Think of a Cup of Coffee - turn it upside down under water, imagine that an air bubble appears which traps the coffee and on the otherwise of the bubble is the water - that is the OWC - it has not been hit, therefore, IMO, there is most likely more oil bearing columns to go before OWC is hit - which might explain why they said that have encountered "Possible additional Pay Intervals".

I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Ele.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.005(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $45.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.5¢ 49.0¢ $4.017K 8.162K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19637 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.40pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.