MMX 0.00% 4.7¢ murchison metals ltd

calculating the merger deal

1. 126 Posts.
    This is a great deal for both companies. Anyone that thinks that they are losing half the value of their MMX shares needs to get out their calculator. Valuing MIS at todays price of $7.00, if you recieve .575 MIS shares for each MMX share, ie 7.00 x .575, the value of your MMX share is, OMG, the same price it was pre this merger talk. Thats right. 7.00 x .575 = $4.025 per MMX share. This is worked out to bring MMX & MIS shares to the same value. If you currently have 10000 MMX shares you will end up with 5750 shares in the merged company. Receiving .575 shares per MMX share (These are shares in the merged company, NOT THE EXISTING MIS) in the merged company gives MMX 52.2% shareholding in the new company. Calculated out it works like this. MMX market cap of 1.7 billion $AU + MIS market cap of 1.55 billion $AU = 3.25 billion $AU. Multiply 3.25 billion by MMX shareholding of 52.2% = 1.6965 Billion $AU. No loss no gain for either companies shareholders in current dollar value. Just a HUGE potential gain to be had in the future and possibly a more attractive proposition future takeovers, ie BHP etc. All good for all concerned. If anyone disagrees with my calculations, please let me know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.