CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

I've been offered the opportunity to participate in a placement...

1. 2,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 581
    I've been offered the opportunity to participate in a placement - at 13% discount from last- in Canning Basin hopeful Buru Energy.
    BRU offers a significant, contingent resource - like so many wannabes- but lacks what Calima has being proven, producing reserves ( of oil and gas).
    I'm obliged to ask : can I do better in BRU ?
    Calima subsidiary Blackspur has reported 2P reserves of 13Million barrels of oil....marginally depleted by production since December 2022 although continuing success in the waterflood pools could possibly see 2P oil reserves maintained at 13million bbls in December 2023.
    At the current CE1 price that's an EV/Reserves ratio of less than A$4.00 per bbl. Let's call that C$4.00 per boe after allowing for the gas reserves.
    Then again Blackspur offers a very attractive -to an acquirer- LMR ratio approaching 6. For the uninitiated the Alberta regulator says this:
    We use a liability management rating (LMR) to help us assess a company’s ability to address its abandonment, remediation, and reclamation obligations. The LMR is calculated as a ratio of a company’s deemed assets (production) to its deemed liabilities (abandonment and reclamation costs).
    Given the respective EV/Reserves and LMR ratios.. Blackspur must be a very attractive target for another Alberta E&P . Do you agree?
    Can you identify an Alberts E&P trading on more attractive metrics?
    I need an answer before 5:00pm Monday when my BRU bid is due.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.