"I dont think its a badge of honour to ignore racist, sexist,...

1. 14,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    "I dont think its a badge of honour to ignore racist, sexist, bigotted, profane posts"

Eagle, I think it's the wild accusations of the above that upset people who often simply raise their concerns based on things that are currently happening to other countries who have kindly opened their doors to "refugees".

While some go overboard with their vocabulary, there are some that have simply expressed their concerns only to be labelled racist, red necks, bigots, when there is really no way of knowing the person that made that post. Jumping to wild assumptions just because you are defending a political party doesn't sit well with me.

I think I have also been called most of these names (and I think by yourself), however, I would probably be one of the least racists of people around. I see all humans as people and not by the colour of their skin. It's when any group whether religion or political, try to take over the towns of those who have shown them a helping hand and then do not treat them in return as humans, I feel something is very wrong.

Sadly, Ms Gillard seems to turn a blind eye to these concerns held by many Aussies and has done nothing about her election promise to stop the boats.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.