BBG 0.00% $1.05 billabong international limited

I have corresponded with Launa again and she is going to reflect...

1. 109 Posts.
    I have corresponded with Launa again and she is going to reflect on my advice which was to update the market and release some further information. She is bound by the protocols of confidentiality and competitive issues but will endeavour to release something shortly.
    I had asked for specifics on debt, current trading, PE negotiations, store closures and a raft of other numbers relevant to the current position but fear these may fall within the protocols of confidentiality that raises its head so often with Billabong.
    There is nothing that we can do but wait it out which is frustrating and is feeding the ravenous rumour mill. The inuendo, drawing of knives for specific individuals backs and constant venom that this whole affair has created is something I have never witnessed before in corporate life or certainly not to this extent and later on when the dust settles hopefully we will all learn something from this nightmare that can only laughingly be called a fiasco but it has cost countless thousands lots of money that they can ill afford to lose, it has shown us that corporate governance gets it terribly wrong sometimes, investing in public companies can be a disaster
    particularly for the nouveau riche mums and dads investors hoping for the great windfall that somehow always eludes them.
    I have only one question and bear in mind many listed companies do get it right and are safe to invest in.
    My question is Why is it so that many profitable private companies list and go public only to fall over time and time again? Why do the same Directors need fees in multiples of The Prime Ministers salary, ? Why do these companies go off the rails? Why are there not safeguards in place to protect investors? There is no simple answer, just like there is no simple answer to the Billabong saga.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.