RFG 4.17% 7.5¢ retail food group limited

Excellent BabyDoc, thanks.I agree with the name change - long...

1. 4,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    Excellent BabyDoc, thanks.
    I agree with the name change - long overdue. RFG is really on the nose. GJ is to a certain extent as well.
    I also agree with the approach with DK. Let's stay in our lane and provide the masses with what they want. No way would I pay $9 for a donut.
    On the other hand I would for a Beefy's pie. They are that good and I think the approach RFG are taking here of using the manufacturing plant on the Sunshine Coast and distributing in the various stores is ideal. S-E Qld for all GJ's would be a great start. A pie and a small side salad sells well. Add chips, and you've got me! I am finding the current GJ offerings boring.

How they service the southern states, I am not sure, but would love to think the company can do a 'McDonald's' on the production side of things and then look to have a manufacturing outlet in the southern states. Maybe overseas as well, although pies bombed in the states - they just don't get it. The Poms do. Quality wise Pieface is no match for Beefy's.
    As to being disappointed with the involvement of SOL, don't be. I am sure they will get very animated should things go off the tracks - otherwise get out of the way and let managment do what they have to do. Manage by exception or invitation, thats what Buffett does. Besides I know there are a few other parties talking an active interest in matters - like Michael Goldberg from Collins Street.
    It's also comforting to hear that cash wise they are flushed and I'd be sure they could tap the existing substantial shareholders should a massive opportuntiy arise.

Hope you are right about the $1 in 10 years, but can you hurry it up a bit. I don's want to collect the $1 on my death bed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
0.003(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $186.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $32.26K 444.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 273006 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.5¢ 1221 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.