call to charge howard with war crimes, page-178

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Mack. I am not concerned about criticism of the USA per se, but I am concerned about the CONSTANT criticism of the USA by those who contend that it can do no right but ignoring those countries eg Russia a la Putin who, in their eyes (by their silence) can do no wrong. Where are these people when other countries violate human rights?

The recent outcry against China in regards to its treatment of Tibetans is most most noticeable because it is so unusual to see criticism of a country other than the USA.

It is ironic that those who criticise the USA for 'interferring in other countries affairs' are the same as those who are now crying for the USA to intervene against Mugabe. I didn't hear these people criticise the Europeans for their lack of resolve in the Bosnian crisis (or the atrocious behavoiur of the Dutch in allowing the Bosnians to be massacred in front of their eyes), which was left to the USA to resolve.

Yes the USA has made mistakes but every country makes some mistakes. But I am sure the South Koreans do not consider Amerca's intervention (with their allies) in the Korean War a mistake or the Euorpeans and the Brits (and the Russians if they are ever willing to admit it) in WW11.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.