GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

HerculesSeriously !!!!! Ive studied Confucian, Buddhist and...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    Hercules

Seriously !!!!! Ive studied Confucian, Buddhist and Taoist political theory and tracked through the various iterations.

The present communist regime is not representative of 1000s of years of Chinese government permutations, thats part of the core problem the present regime only partly represents the historical governance model.

Sure its an ancient culture but the communists are as new to the governance mix as anyone. My ex wifes grandfather headed the Australian diplomatic mission there in the 60s. I remember having long discussions in the mid 80s with him about the political landscape there 1900-1970, he let me read a good portion of his papers and his two manuscripts on Chinese 20 th century history. Hes obviously passed away now but he was wandering around there for 3 decades. I also knew James Clune who was the ambassador to Europe during the same period and also spent 15 years prior to that in the region

To represent the communists as culturally authentic to Chinese culture is nonsense,if anything they have done the most in the 20 th century to wipe out Chinese culture.

I dont claim to know or foresee everything but I have been exposed to a hell of a lot. I was riding bicycles across Guangzhou in 1981-2 :)I remember sitting at the old manual traffic signal system outside the White Swan and laughing at the fact I was the only white guy among 1000s of Mao suited cyclists.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.