GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

CT,I appreciate where you are coming from, but of course, the...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    CT,

I appreciate where you are coming from, but of course, the but . . .

"Seriously !!!!! Ive studied Confucian, Buddhist and Taoist political theory and tracked through the various iterations.

The present communist regime is not representative of 1000s of years of Chinese government permutations, thats part of the core problem the present regime only partly represents the historical governance model.

Sure its an ancient culture but the communists are as new to the governance mix as anyone."

It is impossible to seperate a regime from the ideologies that exist at the time. You seem to infer that Confucianism etc, are somehow more representative of what China really is. And yet, you don't wonder how that came to be.

Was it always so? Organically so?

Definately not.

So why would Confucianism become an important aspect of Chinese society?

Possibly it was seen as a tool by the Qin - yonks ago - as a way to consolidate power and quell the masses. It appears to happen in many other societies over the years. It is happening now in many societies, even our own, if we could seperate ourselves from the noise.

I can see a thread in one thousand years time about how the real China is best represented by Communinsm.

Using your take on Communism, you would have concluded in 1820 that Communism is something that could never happen, as at the time you would say: "it has never happened throughout the history of the world."

History can be a useful tool for thinking through situations, but most people take an overly simplistic approach in its application.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.