VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

calling for egm or some at least some update, page-15

1. 9,445 Posts.
    Well, I'm new to VPG and I just do not understand the angst ... but clearly there is angst amongst the longer term holders.

I'm not that new to EGM's and you simply cannot call an EGM unless you have a resolution to vote on.
    What will your resolution be? It cannot be that you want more frequent updates and ASX releases.

Directors have the right to refuse to call a meeting if it is not for a proper purpose. For example members cannot, by resolution, make decisions on management matters that are exclusively vested in the directors by the company constitution. A meeting may also be refused if its purpose is to harass the company or its directors.

So, start thinking about a resolution, one that the top shareholders would agree with, because you will need their vote.

Perhaps once you have the 100 shareholders you can contact the company and advise them that you have the means of forcing an EGM. Perhaps the resolution would be to dismiss the directors .. because you cannot resolve to tell the directors how to do their job. Maybe that might stir them up a bit ... but you still have to win the vote .. very unlikely.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.