WOF 0.00% 1.1¢ wolf petroleum ltd

Calling the Wolf Pack, page-169

1. 139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Schach,

I agree with you. Fact is most small companies have limited resources and a poor communications strategy. Managing expectations is key to building goodwill among investors (retail and institutional). Markets hate uncertainty. Delays are always viewed as negative. Prices always drift south on breached perceived deadlines and news vacuums.

There is an AIM-listed oil explorer (Pantheon) who were something like 3 months late reporting Texas drill results, and when they came in the news was poor (further delays, broken drill bits etc). Market sentiment turned negative in a flash and their stock dropped from 150p to 70p I think in about an hour. Today, months later they trade at 84p, and they are again late with reporting.

Treat this lull as a buying opportunity if you want more WOF or MATD. If the news is good, then WOF will be up 150% in no time. That's the nature of the stocks we are playing. It's risky, frustrating, slow and unpredictable, BUT... these stocks can be very exciting and life changing in some cases.

I think the WOF $1 party is scheduled for Bali if I'm not mistaken... Gotta, are you on the organising committee?

WOF are going to have to gear up their communications pretty soon to get their message out to a wider audience and attract retail investors. They could start with updating their latest 'Investor Presentation' (on website), which is August 2014. If you want to see how a small company should run an effective retail investor comms programme, look at Sound Energy (AIM) and their website. They even took 50 of us out to Morocco in October to visit a drill site in the desert, and have just repeated this in Italy.

What WOF really need of course is a compelling story to tell, which is exciting and funded.

DF/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.