BIT 0.00% 3.3¢ biotron limited

calm before the storm?, page-48

1. 2,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    Hi leveller,

I wouldn't be too worried about going head to head with big-pharma. I reckon these guys will be competing to tie up as many HCV meds that work as they possibly can. The current expenditure on HCV drugs is about 3 billion and that's based on meds that don't work. The forecast is 10 billion for ones that do. Given drug resistance is a significant problem for viral disease (because they can change their genetics so quickly) a shotgun approach is required here. I expect that Michelle is already keeping big-pharma (with HCV interests) appraised of the progress of the trials.

Importantly, BIT225 targets viral load using a different pathway to that used by the Vertex and Merck drugs and this makes for good combination therapy and lower likelihood of short term drug resistance.

I agree that proof of concept Ph1b/2a HIV trial is the next big thing, but lets not forget that BIT drug platform are novel and the platform has application across many viral diseases

Successful PhII for HCV, BIT225 licensing deal for HCV and successful proof of concept trial if BIT225 for HIV and things will be looking very good for this little biospec. The first licensing deal is probably the real game changer here, as that will be when the mkt sits up and takes notice.

Unfortunately biotechs take time

bluebush

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $29.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.4¢ 3.1¢ $74.61K 2.300M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 280031 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 96500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.22pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.