Mrlunoon,Great post mate. It is good to know that others out...

1. 4,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297
    Mrlunoon,

Great post mate. It is good to know that others out there are in the same situation as myself. I too have copted it for years for being a property bear.

My wife and I have had many heated discussions or should I say fights on the issue of property and it too has unfortunately effected our relationship. Previous to the GFC I was saying to my wife, after we had sold our house, that housing was due for a correction and that we should rent. Along comes the GFC and I think here we go but the Govnuts stimulate the hell out of the market and what happens it goes up. So of course I too was the whacky blacksheep of the family that hadnt grasped the concept that property always goes up.

My wife is a perma bull entrenched in the phsychy that to build wealth you have to buy a house, just like everyone else and as renters we are going nowhere. No matter what I say to the contrary it falls on deaf ears and unfortunately for me we watch channel 9 in the mornings, lol. I tried to get her to watch the Koshi segments on the net but she wasnt interested...So I too would like the crash to hurry along a little so even my wife understands that property is overvalued, doesnt always go up and that renting is not a dirty word.

I am glad that I have withstood the pressure to buy a house as the writing on the wall is becoming alot clearer to the general market. Couldnt think of anything worse than being in debt up to my eyeballs with falling house prices and a rising cost of living. Unfortunately many poor souls are in this situation all because of the Australian love affair with buying a house. This love affair is going to sour!

Retrac

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.